Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving: Good Food, Family, and a Pesky Illness



Wednesday before Thanksgiving Caroline began running a fever. Mama and Daddy treated her with Motrin and Tylenol and even a 3 a.m. lukewarm bath (which she is definitely not a fan of, her water must be warm) to which she screamed the entire 5 minutes she was in the tub. Over Thanksgiving Day we watched her fever go up and down and on Friday took her to the doctor. They of course ran a Strep test and Flu test. We were totally stunned to learn Caroline had Strep for the second time in only 4 months. CRAZY. Sorry Baby Girl - guess you get that from Mama. Needless to say I quickly became the bad guy when I immediately requested the shot. Then Bryan told me that I would have to hold her down because he couldn't do it! Really brave husband I have here:) No, guys he does not do well with shots of any kind. (He got a Decadron shot a few months ago for Poison Ivy and the nurse chased, I am not lying, him around the table). After she screamed for about 10 minutes she eventually decided that I could be trusted again and allowed my to hold her. By the end of the day my little sick angel was feeling so much better she decided to share her dinner with dogs. She was back to her old self. All the guilty feelings were gone and I felt like a good Mama again.


So besides the whole Strep experience, Thanksgiving Holidays were just about perfect. We spent the day with family having so really good food. I managed to catch up on some much needed rest. Mama and Daddy got to spend so great time with Caroline!!! Wouldn't have traded one minute for the world. We truly are Thankful for all the BLESSINGS God has bestowed on us!!!We wish that everyone have a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!

No comments: